Studies, Reports, Tools
- Resilience in Economic Development Planning Resilience in Economic Development Planning – October 2014 (refers to Colorado Flooding)
- Stories Across America: Opportunities for Rural Tourism – prepared by the National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Entrepreneur’s Guide – Explore the Entrepreneurship.org Resource Center to find information about all aspects of starting and growing a business. Designed with entrepreneurs, policy makers, investors, mentors and academics in mind, our resource center allows you to rate and comment on the materials posted by the community.
- Strategic Visioning for Community & Economic Development: Keys to Engaging Stakeholders – This guide discusses how to effectively engage stakeholders in the community. It is a companion to another NACo guide, Strategic Visioning for Community and Economic Development: Keys to Managing Public Dialogue. Together they intended to provide local and regional leaders with tips and resources regarding effective public engagement and dialogue.
- The Role of Local Elected Officials in Economic Development: 10 Things You Should Know – identifies fundamental ways elected officials can become informed and strategic decision-makers who can connect the policy “dots,” be effective communicators, and take a leadership role in economic development.